Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  VB_shortistuff : (07 October 2019 - 10:54 PM)

hey guys, if anyone cares I played a bit of SC2 over the weekend. won 4 out of 5 games having forgotten the hot keys. Got into plat 2 which is high than i ever got playing regularly HAHAHA

@  Flame : (14 September 2019 - 02:49 PM)

what's going on? :D

@  VB_JiNxXx : (12 September 2019 - 10:55 PM)

flamey-o!

@  Flame : (10 September 2019 - 11:09 PM)

hello!

@  VB_JiNxXx : (08 September 2019 - 03:43 PM)

hi

@  VB_Slayer : (18 April 2019 - 06:05 PM)

Easter Timeee

@  VB_Slayer : (11 March 2019 - 09:21 PM)

yeah.. still waiting.. EVEN AoE3 Definitive would be great.. and that's gone nowhere since they announced :/

@  Flame : (05 March 2019 - 08:43 PM)

I feel like I've aged a thousand years since they announced it lol

@  VB_Dead : (04 February 2019 - 12:31 PM)

anyone keen for aoe4? :D

@  VB_Slayer : (31 December 2018 - 11:07 AM)

that too!

@  VB_shortistuff : (29 December 2018 - 08:00 PM)

And a happy new year

@  VB_Slayer : (25 December 2018 - 06:09 PM)

Merry Christmas!

@  VB_Slayer : (02 October 2018 - 07:07 AM)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/777770/Warparty/ could be interesting

@  VB_Slayer : (02 October 2018 - 07:05 AM)

haha, i might play again when AOE 4 comes out :p

@  Boostar : (04 August 2018 - 01:47 PM)

or playing even

@  Boostar : (04 August 2018 - 01:46 PM)

I saw Whiplash has been paying a bit actually :p I'd be up for a few games for old times sake

@  VB_Dead : (31 July 2018 - 02:46 PM)

Lets all make a come back on aomtt :p

@  UberArcher : (03 June 2018 - 02:33 AM)

I am going to have to come here on my other device. Only my PC has the URL and saved creds hahahaha

@  UberArcher : (03 June 2018 - 02:31 AM)

hi.

@  VB_Slayer : (02 April 2018 - 09:57 AM)

Happy Easter :)

Photo

Important News: Patch 2.0.4

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

VB_Rhuubarb

VB_Rhuubarb

Mech

• 1,523 posts

VBBanner_NEWS.png

TL;DR: You can now open SC2 directly from the portal. Tell your browser to remember what to do with the link and you have a one click link to the clan on B.net.

Please use this as your method of launching the game.

Hey all, big news. Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty has recently been patched to 2.0.4 in preparation for Heart of the Swarm. This patch is probably the biggest patch for Starcraft 2 for a while, if not ever, and it will have a large effect on how the clan functions.

The main change that will affect us as a clan is the new clan group feature, which I'll talk about later in this post. There are many other changes and instead of posting them here, be sure to check out the battle.net blog at: http://us.battle.net..._204-2_19_2013.

The clan and the group function is what we will be using now in this new age of Starcraft 2, instead of the old VB chat channel. There are a few differences between the clan and group function and I'll explain them here.

Clans:

The clan function allows us to make a private clan that gives us a private chat channel that only clan members may join. It has a news area which is also private. People can only be invited to the clan via the owner - WhiplashJC - or any officers - Ice, Slayer, JinxXx, Flame, Rhuubarb (note: only Slayer, JInxXx and Rhuubarb are in the clan at the moment). Being in the clan adds a prefix to your battle.net name on Starcraft 2. For example, I show up as [VB] Rhuubarb, while my username is just Rhuubarb. Information about the clan is also able to be added to the clan page, this can be viewed by outsiders (maybe looking to join). There is also a limit on the amount of people in the clan.

Groups:

The group function is similar to the clan in that it has members (with ranks, Owner, Officer, Member), has it's own chat channel, has a news section and an information section. Unlike clans though, it can be set to public, meaning that outsiders may join the group without invitation and see news posted. Being in a group DOES NOT give you a clan tag. There is no size limit on groups.

What does this mean for VB Clan?

What we have decided to do as a clan is to make a Clan and Group. Any full members of VB will be invited to the clan and will be able to show off their new [VB] prefix on their name (note: everyone should have a name change now in can you don't want to be [VB] VBRhuubarb for example). However, we are going to ask that this chat channel is not used, except for private clan matters (clan wars or something).

This is being we have also made a public group. This is will be used over what used to be chat channel: VB. There are advantages of having a public group over just using chat channel as we can post news and information there, while still being able to talk to outsiders (applicants especially). There are also advantages when trying to make custom games / watch replays / etc. Please use the public group as you would have the old chat channel. The ranks will be the same as the clan, just so that the council can update information, etc.

Where you can find these things on battle.net:

Clan: Search for "VB Clan" - "starcraft://clan/6/44" , alternately, you can copy the link into a browser to open the clan page.

Group: Search for "VB Clan Group" - "starcraft://group/6/643", as with the clan, you can use the link to the group.

These links are conveniently located on the portal. Use them to launch SC2 with the group tab already open.

If there are any queries, post here or send me a PM.

Thanks, Rhuubarb.

My stream: http://twitch.tv/rhuubarb">twitch.tv/rhuubarb

VB_bayak

VB_bayak

Obliterate

• 1,154 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers and people with common sense :)

Good write up dude. Good to see things happening at the clan :D VB ftw. Are we going to update stuff on the website and on sc2sea with new chat details etc ?

11955-0.png

VB_Slayer

VB_Slayer

Brood Lord

• 6,826 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Stuff.

Also if anyone plays on the US Server i own the tag [VBClan]. So get me to invite you if you want to join.

bomber.gif

VB_WhiplashJC

VB_WhiplashJC

-Whorin'-

• 8,930 posts

Important to note that Bnet does not currently open the clan/group tabs you had open automatically. Make a habit of doing this (from the groups menu) every time you log in!

Gentlemen prefer higher derivatives.

VB_Rhuubarb

VB_Rhuubarb

Mech

• 1,523 posts

If you put "starcraft://group/6/643" into a browser / the run program, it will open up sc2 and when you log in, it will auto join channel (the group channel)

That's if sc2 isn't already open

VB_bayak

VB_bayak

Obliterate

• 1,154 posts

anyway to pin this to the taskbar. Windows doesn't like to pin shortcuts

11955-0.png

VB_bayak

VB_bayak

Obliterate

• 1,154 posts

I figured it out. If you want to know how holla

11955-0.png

VB_WhiplashJC

VB_WhiplashJC

-Whorin'-

• 8,930 posts

Would people (full members) like to all be officers of the group?

VB_Boony

VB_Boony

Medivac

• 570 posts

I would :)

11963-5.png

VB_bayak

VB_bayak

Obliterate

• 1,154 posts

Would give you a slightly bigger epenis in the group and all 

11955-0.png

VB_WhiplashJC

VB_WhiplashJC

-Whorin'-

• 8,930 posts

Just a note guys, it appears that the link skips the launcher... so when there's a patch out you might have to start the normal way then.

VB_Rhuubarb

VB_Rhuubarb

Mech

• 1,523 posts

That shouldn't be MUCH of a problem, it will either patch the game anyway, or just say, game client is out of date, and all you have to do if go get your "starcraft II.exe" and open that. :D

Apparently some people are having problems with the command launching hots. I don't know why that's happening, but if you can't fix it yourself, the problem will be over in a week, when you can just uninstall HotS Beta (closes march 1).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users