Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  VB_shortistuff : (07 October 2019 - 10:54 PM)

hey guys, if anyone cares I played a bit of SC2 over the weekend. won 4 out of 5 games having forgotten the hot keys. Got into plat 2 which is high than i ever got playing regularly HAHAHA

@  Flame : (14 September 2019 - 02:49 PM)

what's going on? :D

@  VB_JiNxXx : (12 September 2019 - 10:55 PM)

flamey-o!

@  Flame : (10 September 2019 - 11:09 PM)

hello!

@  VB_JiNxXx : (08 September 2019 - 03:43 PM)

hi

@  VB_Slayer : (18 April 2019 - 06:05 PM)

Easter Timeee

@  VB_Slayer : (11 March 2019 - 09:21 PM)

yeah.. still waiting.. EVEN AoE3 Definitive would be great.. and that's gone nowhere since they announced :/

@  Flame : (05 March 2019 - 08:43 PM)

I feel like I've aged a thousand years since they announced it lol

@  VB_Dead : (04 February 2019 - 12:31 PM)

anyone keen for aoe4? :D

@  VB_Slayer : (31 December 2018 - 11:07 AM)

that too!

@  VB_shortistuff : (29 December 2018 - 08:00 PM)

And a happy new year

@  VB_Slayer : (25 December 2018 - 06:09 PM)

Merry Christmas!

@  VB_Slayer : (02 October 2018 - 07:07 AM)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/777770/Warparty/ could be interesting

@  VB_Slayer : (02 October 2018 - 07:05 AM)

haha, i might play again when AOE 4 comes out :p

@  Boostar : (04 August 2018 - 01:47 PM)

or playing even

@  Boostar : (04 August 2018 - 01:46 PM)

I saw Whiplash has been paying a bit actually :p I'd be up for a few games for old times sake

@  VB_Dead : (31 July 2018 - 02:46 PM)

Lets all make a come back on aomtt :p

@  UberArcher : (03 June 2018 - 02:33 AM)

I am going to have to come here on my other device. Only my PC has the URL and saved creds hahahaha

@  UberArcher : (03 June 2018 - 02:31 AM)

hi.

@  VB_Slayer : (02 April 2018 - 09:57 AM)

Happy Easter :)

Photo

VBSL 2 Playoffs Starting Soon!

VBSL

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

VB_Rhuubarb

VB_Rhuubarb

Mech

• 1,523 posts

The group stage of the VBSL 2 is virtually over, and we have ourselves 8 brave contestants, who battled for months, and are still alive and fighting!

Conference A:

Finishing in 1st place, with a record of 7-1 (1 match remaining) is the resident semi-pro VB_Bandit! The reigning champion took care of business with limited practice. He's still the favourite, but doesn't have the same feeling of invincibility he did when he stormed through the playoffs of VBSL 1, losing a whole set and dropping multiple maps over the group stage. Can he find form to stop the uprising, or will there be an upset?

In 2nd place, the man who likes to talk the talk, and backed it up by walking the walk to the record of 7-2, VB_JiNxXx! While many others on the SEA server were reaching GM, or rank 1 masters, Jinx often would languish in Platinum. But he dismissed this, saying how he was in Diamond and other stuff on other servers. Time has shown that maybe there was some truth to his claims as he put in a very solid and consistent performance. Unfortunately the people he lost to are still in the tournament, and his word is that he's not in as good a shape as he was a little while ago. Can Jinx make some magic happen and lift himself to the championship?

In 3rd place is the VB tournament staple with a record of 7-2, VB_Inter! As expected, Inter did what Inter does best. Causing problems to anyone he faced, but some small inconsistency meant he couldn't finish on top. At his best, he was the only person to win their series vs Bandit. Unfortunately 2 PvP series losses on the way meant he didn't capitalise fully. But having said that, he's still alive and able to beat anyone on his day. The darkhorse in this tournament, can he finally get over the hurdle?

Finishing off the groups finalists in 4th place with a record of 6-3, is VBSL newcomer VB_Enak! Starting off slowly, losing his first two rounds, put Enak in a tough spot. But as he practice and practiced, and improved over time, he fought back strong only losing Bandit from that point on. Even though he qualified last in his group, Enak is one of my picks to be the champion. He has improved the most since the start of the season, and in some ways, reminds me of Bandit from VBSL1. If that's anything to go by, watch out VB!

Conference B:

This group was dominated by the undefeated 1st place finisher, VB_Boony (9-0)! Boony only lost two maps in the entire group stage (one being to the unstoppable power of the proxy-hatch-master VB_Elbows). This wasn't so surprising as he did hit GM for the 2013 ladder season 3. But for Boony, the real test starts now. Can he continue on his dominating run, or will the harder competition prove his match?

Following in MKP's footsteps, finishing 2nd was VB's very own mini-MKP: VB_HpK (8-1)! I don't really have much to say about HpK's performance, he beat everyone but Boony, and that's about it. HpK has the potential to be great, and win the VBSL. With his main roadblock not in the VBSl, can he put together a great run, or will lack of practice end his chances?

(Note, GrayFox dropped out so he is not counted in the rankings, otherwise he would be 3rd.)

Coming in 3rd, is another VBSL newcomer VB_Bayak (5-3,1 to play)!  Bayak's first VBSL started off very rocky, losing his first 3 rounds (round 3 was then given as a win because of a dropout). From there he has progressed much better and made it to the playoffs. Ever the trash talker, this is what he had to say about playing Jinx in the first round: "EZ PZ".

Rounding out the playoffs, in 4th place, the high council member himself: VB_Whiplash! With no shitty proleague co-commentator pulling him down, Whippy grinded out a playoff spot, much like his namesake grinded out proleague casts. As you can see, I've run out stuff to say, let's just see if Whippy can pull out some magic?

Bracket:

Spoiler

My stream: http://twitch.tv/rhuubarb">twitch.tv/rhuubarb

VB_bayak

VB_bayak

Obliterate

• 1,154 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers and people with common sense :)

Fuck and rhu has done it again. Great write up man. Such a good job. Looking forward to this :D bayak to win it. LOL wouldn't be right if I didn't trash talk. Once again man great job and you can crown me winner already if you like hahaha gg

11955-0.png

VB_Blake

VB_Blake

Corruptor

• 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Lovin'

Nice writeup rhu :D Personally I don't consider myself the favourite, all the protosses scare me :p

VB_guska, on 09 Mar 2014 - 9:01 PM, said: And bayak, I don't think even a well paid actor could pretend to love you...

HpK

HpK

Phoenix

• 887 posts
  • Interests:Not DoTA2

I love this writeup :)

Posted Image

VB_shortistuff

VB_shortistuff

Ghost

• 349 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, SC2, Adelaide Crows
Fantastic write up rhu can't wait for the playoffs to start

Always glhf and gg.
"because Morgan Freeman is black and depicted as a god all the time, it's all the jews fault." - Joseph Bechara

VB_Enak

VB_Enak

DT

• 367 posts

Dude you know what happens when you label a kiwi a favourite to win, right? :p

Looks like I'm out of this already!

VB_Rhuubarb

VB_Rhuubarb

Mech

• 1,523 posts

No I don't, do they choke, or follow through?

Going by your answer I'm guess choke.

My stream: http://twitch.tv/rhuubarb">twitch.tv/rhuubarb

VB_Enak

VB_Enak

DT

• 367 posts

We're notorious for choking in sport. Its why we get so happy when we actually win something :p

VB_Inter

VB_Inter

All-Killer of mGG

• 576 posts

Awesome write up. Hope to get past HPK and verse Bandit again :D

7320-1.png

VB_Rocky.

VB_Rocky.

Roach

• 191 posts

Keen to cast these games if someone can stream :D 

VB_Inter

VB_Inter

All-Killer of mGG

• 576 posts

Once i lose i can :p

7320-1.png

Elbows

Elbows

how do i get wood

• 62 posts

nice write up, sir :)

VB_JiNxXx

VB_JiNxXx

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!

• 6,355 posts
  • Interests:SC2, TF2, Aom & Pwning Slayer...

lols

JinxisHellfire.png

2546-5.png

don't be hatin jinxx coz he's beautiful.

fecking titan would be an achievement

Everyday I'm shufflin'! ┏( -_-)┛ ┗( -_- )┓ ┏( -_-)┛ ┗( -_-)┛ ┏( -_-)┓

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VBSL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users